Students at KPS are given many different experiences to take part in over the course of their time at our school. Events, competitions and experiences can be many and various and cover academic, sport and personal growth areas.
Each child when enrolled at KPS is placed in either Blue, Green, Red or Gold House. There is friendly rivalry to be the winning house in our weekly, term and yearly citizenship competition.
At the end of Year 5, students apply for positions as House Captains during Year 6 and are selected following an interview process. It is their responsibility to co-ordinate and encourage their House’s efforts throughout the year.
From Prep, students attend excursions outside of the school in support of the in-school curriculum. All excursions are in accordance with School Council policy.
- Prep – Activity night …… Zoo Excursion (day)
- Year 1 – Activity night …… Outside school excursion (day)
- Year 2 – Sleepover at school …… Outside school excursion (day)
- Year 3 – Overnight camp (1 nights)
- Year 4 – Overnight camp (2 nights)
- Year 5 – Overnight camp to Melbourne (2 nights)
- Year 6 – Overnight camp to Wilson’s Promontory (3 nights)
…… other local day excursions are organised by teachers to fit curriculum as needed ……